Friday, June 7, 2019

Tucson, AZ: S'Early Sunrises


Sunrise, Tucson, Arizona. April 2019.




I don't know when I first noticed it, but. Damn. I get up wake up so early in Tucson.


Sunrise, Tucson, Arizona. April 2019.


When I first noticed this pattern, I figured I'd go back to my usual natural waking-up time of 6:00 or 6:30 after I acclimated to the time difference between here and Central Time, but no. I wake up at FIVE. Sometimes 4:30.
 

Sunrise, Tucson, Arizona. April 2019.



This morning, the sun rose in Tucson at 5:16 a.m. The rising business does not fuck around in Tucson. The sun is up and ready for business for the day.

The sun rose in St. Louis at 5:35 Central Time this morning. So it's not all that different from Tucson. But I didn't have this issue in St. Louis. Or El Paso. Or Lafayette. Or Opelousas. Or Alamogordo.

Maybe it's not the time so much as the fact that my bedroom window faces almost due east, and I have my blinds open to catch the breeze through my window screen. So the sunshine bounds in like a big ol' retriever pup, wanting to trounce on my bed.

 An entertaining conversation here: Phoenix: The City of Early Risers


Sometimes I do rise at 5 or 5:30, just to make coffee, and go back to bed for another half hour. But many times, I just get up for the day.

There are repercussions. I get up so early, then get sleepy during the day, and I go to bed early. Like super early. Think 9:00 p.m.

So far, my conclusion is that I don't like this getting-up-so-early business.


On the bright side (get it?), I do have the privilege of witnessing some spectacular rays.

No comments: