Sunday, March 4, 2018

St. Louis: A Korean Lunch


Korean lunch, St. Louis, Missouri. March 2018.

March 2018


I have enjoyed the pleasure of working with several Korean students.

St. Louis is home to many Korean-Americans. I don't know how many people make their home here, but there are at least seven churches that serve the Korean-American community.

And  "St. Louis is home to a 'shockingly high number of [Korean] restaurants,'" according to the managing editor of the magazine Sauce, according to this piece on St. Louis Public Radio in 2017.

I went to one of these restaurants.

My eyes lit up like Oliver Twist's at the sight of all the dainty plates of banchan, or side dishes, that accompany an entree.

I ate every single bit of every single plate.

Oh, and the sizzle of the spicy pork dolsot bibimbap:





No comments: