Tuesday, May 9, 2017

El Paso: History Museum Stairwell

Stairwell, El Paso History Museum, El Paso, Texas. November 2016.


November 2016


When my daughter was a toddler, I took her to the zoo. We entered the children's petting zoo enclave. I was sure she'd be dazzled by all of the little critters up so close and touchable.

But no. Head bent toward the ground, she crouched, lifted some tiny pebbles and slid them into her pants pocket. She walked a few steps, crouched, gathered more pebbles, inserted them into her pocket. On that day, pebbles called her and not the main attractions.

Given my ambivalence about most museums, it seems quite natural that I might do as my daughter did, in a way.

The stairwell at the El Paso History Museum! 

Stairwell, El Paso History Museum, El Paso, Texas. November 2016.


The colors, the angles, the varying textures of the surfaces, the velvety view of the city through a window. The light.

Stairwell, El Paso History Museum, El Paso, Texas. November 2016.


I quite like the stairwell.


No comments: