Friday, September 15, 2017

Big Bend National Park: Old Mines Trail

Old Mines Trail, Big Bend National Park, Texas. September 2017.


There's a guided walk just about every day at Big Bend, and I availed myself of one almost every day I camped there.

One day, the walk was to Old Mines Trail, with a focus on trail-building techniques.

After the guided part, I continued up the trail to Marker 10, a place where you just want to sit and look and listen and feel the touch of the air.

Old Mines Trail, Big Bend National Park, Texas. September 2017.


Here's a video:



And a slide show:

Old Mines Trail


Apparently, it's quite common to see bears on this trail. Fortunately, I was in the company of a family. I was fairly certain I could outrun the kids. However, I thought it would be impolitic to share my thoughts aloud.


No comments: