Saturday, September 2, 2017

An American Woman of a Certain Age: A Rite of Passage


My joy at achieving a certain American rite of passage conflicts with my reluctance to reveal my age.

Fuck.

OK, I'm going to share the glee at getting something, but let's be very unclear.

Maybe I already got it - years ago, months ago, days ago.

Maybe I haven't got it yet, but I'm going to get it - days from now, weeks from now, years from now, and I can't stand the anticipation of getting it, so I'm sharing it in advance.

Maybe I JUST GOT IT AND I AM SQUEALING INSIDE LIKE A SIX-YEAR-OLD!

The "it" is the America the Beautiful Senior Pass.

Or, as I like to call it: the LIFETIME national park pass! A lifetime! A whole life! The rest of my life!

Starting from whenever I turned or will turn 62. If that ever happened or might happen at some indeterminate date in the past or future.

Lifetime senior pass










No comments: