Saturday, January 21, 2017

Mexico: Juárez: First Date: Horses


I've been to locations that featured art themes with:



With Juárez, I add horses.

Horse art, Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico. November 2016.


The artsy fiberglass herd stood in the promenade in front of the Museum of the Revolution of the Border (neé Aduana Fronteriza when first the building was constructed).


Horse art, Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico. November 2016.

If I were a more museum-y kinda gal, I would have scrutinized the provenance of each horse and been able to share same with you. But I'm not, so all I've got are the photos.

Horse art, Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico. November 2016.


But there's this for information seekers.


Horse art, Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico. November 2016.


According to the article linked above, the horses are stallions. Please. Normally, I probably wouldn't have thought twice about this specificity, but I'm writing this post after my experience at the Fountain Theater and during the early days of an era in which my head of state can boast about how he grasps women's groins without their prior consent, with impunity. This is why I don't read the fine print of exhibits. I had been happy just thinking "horses."

Horse art, Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico. November 2016.


Horse art, Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico. November 2016.



Horse art, Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico. November 2016.









No comments: