Monday, January 30, 2017

El Paso: The Paranormal, Part 2: Movement


Belly dancer at Viva La Llorona, Wigwam Museum, El Paso, Texas. September 2016.


September 2016

Part 1 looked at the art of La Llorona at the Wigwam Museum, operated by the Paso del Norte Paranormal Society.

For Part 2, I present to you dance and music from the event participants.

First up is a belly dancer.

Belly dancer at Viva La Llorona, Wigwam Museum, El Paso, Texas. September 2016.


I created a movie out of the stills I took of the belly dancer's performance, then added creative-commons music by Turku, Nomads of the Silk Road. I'm unhappy that I didn't capture the dancer's name so I could credit her. Ditto for the other performers.



A young, young band performed. The lead guitarist had good presence and a pulled-together persona. He looks like he has a vision for his future. 


Band member at Viva La Llorona, Wigwam Museum, El Paso, Texas. September 2016.

 
A taste below:




For the modern dancer below, I created another movie from my collection of stills, using creative-commons music from Art of Escapism.




One of her stills:

Dancer at Viva La Llorona, Wigwam Museum, El Paso, Texas. September 2016.



The gentleman on the left in this photo below is, I believe, one of the principles of the Wigwam Museum.

Band member at Viva La Llorona, Wigwam Museum, El Paso, Texas. September 2016.

I like how you can see the audience in the mirror in the bottom left.

Band member at Viva La Llorona, Wigwam Museum, El Paso, Texas. September 2016.





No comments: