Friday, July 29, 2016

Antigua, Guatemala: My Antiguan Home


My Antiguan lodgings, Antigua, Guatemala. April 2016.


One morning, I sat on a cushioned bench on my airbnb hostess' covered veranda. I took in my garden surroundings. A walled courtyard. Entertaining cloud formations in the sky. Birds singing in the local language, melodic and cheering.


My Antiguan lodgings, Antigua, Guatemala. April 2016.


Around me was artwork of various subjects, media, textures, colors, and sizes. Each piece invited my attention.


I admired the modest, but well-curated flower displays in the garden. I ate many lunches on the veranda. I pulled basil leaves from a garden plant for a savory pouf to sandwiches made with tomatoes and salty, soft farmer cheese on that luscious bread I loved.


My bedroom was at the end of a wing of rooms. The wing had three bedrooms. Two bedrooms shared a full bath. One could enter either of these bedrooms or the shared bath from the veranda, via an alcove.

My bedroom had a private bath. From my bed, I could look out to the garden through the room's french doors.

From my little enclave neighborhood, I could see:

View from my Antiguan neighborhood, Antigua, Guatemala. April 2016.

View from my Antiguan neighborhood, Antigua, Guatemala. April 2016.

My Antiguan neighborhood, Antigua, Guatemala. April 2016.

French doors and walled courtyards. In my perfect world, if and when I ever settle down, my little place will have these two features.

A pictorial visit to my apartment in Alamogordo in 2012-2013, with a soul-gladdening view through its french doors.

My Alamogordo apartment, 2012-2013.




No comments: