Friday, June 10, 2016

Antigua, Guatemala: Angel of Santo Domingo del Cerro

 
Angel of Santo Domingo del Cerro. Antigua, Guatemala. April 2016.



Santo Domingo del Cerro, atop a mountain near Antigua, includes a sculptural garden, a restaurant, a coffee bar, and an event venue for weddings and the like. Oh, and a zipline concession.


Angel of Santo Domingo del Cerro. Antigua, Guatemala. April 2016.


I'll write more in another post, but for now, it's all about the angel. Although I can say now that I did have lunch at the restaurant and it was OK. Ditto for the coffee that I got at the coffee bar after lunch. Alas, the sky was hazy, but I'm sure on clear days, the view from the restaurant terrace is marvelous.


Angel of Santo Domingo del Cerro. Antigua, Guatemala. April 2016.

I was really taken with her, as you can see. 



Angel of Santo Domingo del Cerro. Antigua, Guatemala. April 2016.



Some day, I'll get in the proper habit of looking at the artist's name so I can give credit. My research thus far has not unearthed this information.

But she is beautiful, is she not?



No comments: