Friday, March 25, 2016

Louisiana: Banana Spiders, The Prequel


Banana spider, aka golden silk orb weaver spider. Lake Fausse Point State Park, Louisiana. September 2015.

When I take pictures of flashy spiders like the golden silk orb weavers, it is always with this thought: Oh my God, look at this spider, it's so cool, but don't let it touch me, oh no, but let me get a picture of it, oh ick, oh cool, eww! 

I took these two pics at Lake Fausse Pointe State Park this past September, but posted these later photos from Chicot State Park first.

I am grimacing as I write this.

Banana spider, aka golden silk orb weaver spider. Lake Fausse Point State Park, Louisiana. September 2015.


It's reminding me of this creepy-crawly affair at Chicot State Park earlier in September. And this inner-shriek-inducing visit to the Arthropod Museum in Las Cruces in 2013. Ewww. Cool! Ewwww!





No comments: