Friday, September 11, 2015

Louisiana: Creepy-Crawly Day at Chicot State Park


Eyed click beetles, Insect Day, Louisiana Arboretum 2015


From back in July, some photos below from Chicot State Park's (more accurately, the Louisiana Arboretum within Chicot State Park) Insect Day.


Rhino beetle grub, Insect Day, Louisiana Arboretum 2015



Why do I feel compelled to look at things that make me go "ewww"?


Rhino beetle, Insect Day, Louisiana Arboretum 2015


I suspect I'm not alone in the morbid fascination.  


Wheel bug, Insect Day, Louisiana Arboretum 2015


I'm remembering my trip to the Arthropod Museum in Las Cruces, New Mexico. 


Giant water bug, Insect Day, Louisiana Arboretum 2015


These remind me of my good friends, the toe-biters:  


Insect Day, Louisiana Arboretum 2015


I don't want to know what they are up to.

Insect Day, Louisiana Arboretum 2015

Thanks to What's That Bug for the wheel bug identification and to Hilton Pond for the eyed click beetle identification.


Insect Day, Louisiana Arboretum 2015




No comments: