Monday, April 22, 2013

San Patricio, New Mexico: Art and God


Hurd-La Rinconada Gallery, San Patricio, New Mexico


I took Highway 70 (which merged with Highway 380 for a piece between Hondo and Roswell) en route to my day's destination, Bottomless Lakes State Park


Skyline Fruit store, Highway 70 east of Ruidoso Downs, New Mexico





San Patricio Chapel, San Patricio, New Mexico








I took a detour through San Patricio, a village between Ruidoso Downs and Hondo.





San Patricio Chapel, San Patricio, New Mexico



San Patricio is famous for its Billy the Kid connection, but also boasts an historic church that is now part of a retreat complex, plus a gallery for a family of artists.


Hurd-Rinconada Ranch, San Patricio, New Mexico


A slide show:





3 comments:

Debi Wilcox said...

Enjoyed your pictures of San Patricio.

Debi Wilcox said...

I just moved to San Patrico and have found charm in the same pictures and location on your blog.. :)

Mzuri said...

Thank you very much! How cool that you've moved to San Patricio - I hope you'll be very happy there. I think just about all of New Mexico is pretty special.