Friday, November 2, 2012

Carrizozo, New Mexico: Just a Bite

Carrizozo, New Mexico


I'll return for a longer look in the future, but yesterday I had a chance to take just a bite of Carrizozo.

Funny enough, a couple of years ago, on a road trip with my mother, we touched the edge of Carrizozo at the very point at which we decided to return to Missouri rather than proceed with our itinerary, which included a night or so in Roswell.

So on the spur of the moment, at the junction of Highway 54 and 380, we turned left, or north, onto Highway 54. If we had turned right, we'd have entered Carrizozo proper, which is a pretty little town.

I would have likely just passed through yesterday, making a mental note to come back for a proper review, as I was on my last leg back to Alamogordo from a fall foliage excursion, but I saw a pink motel. It happens that I'm collecting photos of pink houses in New Mexico, so I turned around and went back. This resulted in my entering a little main street that was too colorful to postpone a look-see for another day.

Carrizozo, New Mexico

Carrizozo, New Mexico

Carrizozo, New Mexico

Carrizozo, New Mexico

Carrizozo, New Mexico

Carrizozo, New Mexico

Carrizozo, New Mexico

Carrizozo, New Mexico


Yeah, I noticed those burros atop some buildings, too.

No comments: