Thursday, August 30, 2012

Rootless Relocation, Part 2: What Will I Take With Me?



In Part1a, Part1b, and Part 1c, I figured out where I'm going to live next.




Alamogordo, New Mexico.

I don't have a job there yet. And I don't have a place to live yet, though my current plan is to rent an apartment.

But I've got a pretty good idea what I'm going to take with me. I've got a pretty good idea because I don't have much to take. It will all fit into my 1995 Toyota.  

I'm so glad I kept my camping gear because I'm going to need it.

These are my worldly goods with which I'll set up housekeeping:

  • My car
  • Two camp chairs with cup holders (yay! I already have furniture!)
  • Two sleeping bags
  • Blankets
  • Some pots/pans from my camp box
  • Flatware from camp box
  • A few plates and cups from camp box
  • Pillow
  • Coolers
  • Two plastic storage things with drawers
  • Shelf stereo
  • Clothes
  • Clothesline and  clothespins
  • Aluminum foil
  • Lantern
  • Tent
  • Two plastic storage bins
  • Two bath towels
  • A few dishtowels and dish cloths
  • Rubbermaid rectangular folding table, approx. 2'x4' (more furniture!)
  • Laptop and other electronics 
  • Some framed pictures, if there's space in the car

I used to have a stove top espresso maker, but I don't know what happened to it. I'll scrounge for one of those before I go.

Well. I guess that's it.

Anything else I'll need I'll have to pick up in Alamogordo. But whatever the item might be, it'll have to fit my  design aesthetic: Rootless Minimalist. 



No comments: