Saturday, January 28, 2012

Looking Beyond Georgia: New Plan A

My original Plan A was to be a 2012 Teach for America corps member. Alas, I did not make the final cut, so my Plan B moves up to be my new Plan A.


My new Plan A starts off with travel. When my contract Teach and Learn With Georgia ends in June, I can delay my return flight for up to a month. I'll take advantage of that and travel around Eurasia-ish for a few weeks, and then on the way home, I'll take an extended layover in Istanbul.

When I return to Missouri at the end of July, I have a couple of projects to complete, which will take about six weeks.

And then? I've got two Plan A tracks:
  • Go to Mexico or Central America and knock on doors for a teaching gig; or
  • Find an ESL teaching position in the U.S. Southwest. 

Or lucky me, I might do something entirely different. 

Whatever new place I land, I'm looking forward to my own place, rootless thought it may be. I have been supremely fortunate in the graciousness of my Rustavi host families (and, for that matter, my Missouri hostesses), but it will be good to have my own little cave again.

No comments: