Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Dubai Mall

The Dubai Mall.

Like going to The Galleria in the burbs, only bigger. 


Al Burj during day
Al Burj at night
OK, it does have the world's tallest building close by.


















And the Dancing Fountain, which is quite entertaining the first three times you see it.

Here is the sunset performance with an Arabian song:  



And here is a night-time performance, sung to Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You. The camera is shaky in the beginning because I'm walking toward a better view: 




And the aquarium.

















High-priced, mediocre food and service at the Lebanese restaurant. Wait, I'm being slightly too harsh. I had a really tasty "shanklish," described on the menu as "pungent goat cheese," which sold me immediately.











"Gourmet" popcorn.

A Chili's.

I did like the supermarket, as I saw fruit there I'd never seen before.


Lychee
 
Rambutan


Mangosteen
 
A kind of date or fig?

Dragonfruit


Was it worth the claustrophobic, body-scrunching ride amidst my fellow bourgoisie on the free Dubai Mall shuttle bus between the closest metro station and the mall? Unsure.

No comments: