Sunday, July 3, 2011

Georgia (Republic of): I Don't Need It. Really.

During my research about life in the Republic of Georgia, particularly in the rural areas, I learned that showers/baths might be possible only every four days or so.


Folding bucket from Sea to Summit
I thought: Maybe this would be a good reason to buy that really cool collapsible bucket from Sea to Summit. Or perhaps even better - the kitchen sink!

Kitchen sink from Sea to Summit
Just when I had about closed the deal in my head, I remembered the Tarahumara, and told myself: Noooo. I'm not going to be on the road most of the time. I'll be living in one place. If I need a bucket, I can buy one for a few lari, and then leave it behind when I move on.




Thankfully, the reviews over at Amazon were slightly less adoring than at REI, so that also makes me feel a little more virtuous in my self-denial. 



No comments: