Friday, November 5, 2010

Carrying jewelry

If I were backpacking around the world, I wouldn't mess with jewelry other than a single pair of earrings.

If I were going for an extended trip somewhere, I'd tuck away a small assortment (e.g. 2 or 3 pairs of earrings and perhaps one necklace) into my cosmetic bag.

But since I'm going rootless, and because I aspire to get all my belongings into one carry-on and a backpack, I want a more permanent solution for carrying my jewelry. I don't have a lot of it, and I've winnowed it down even more during my Great Stuff Divestment, but even so, I have more than I can tuck into a cosmetic bag.

Below is the product I settled on:




I bought it through Jewelry Box Direct here.

It's only 8 x 5 1/2 " closed. Good size; lightweight. I like that I just zip it rather than having to roll and tie it.

I'd prefer that it be in a brighter color, to make it easier to spot among my other things. Or just as importantly, to make it easier to notice when I don't see it.

No comments: