Sunday, October 10, 2010

The big sale, part 2

I'm happy with the sale results. A constant stream of lookers between 7:00 - 8:30 a.m., Saturday, then the rest of the day there was an ebb and flow rhythm.

I chose to run the sale today, too, on the fly. Glad I did, as I moved several more large pieces out the door.

One friend helped me set things up on Friday afternoon, and another friend ran her butt off helping me the day of the sale. The sale was in my house, and with two floors, it was essential to have someone on each. She also brought provisions for healthy eating. We had plenty of coffee.

By the end of the day today, I had no beds (with mattresses, anyway). No chairs except for the office chair downstairs. No plates. Precious few glasses. I've made a pallet on the carpeted bedroom floor and expect to spend a very comfortable night.

This all still feels very much the right thing to do.

No comments: