Thursday, September 30, 2010

Oh, my science fiction!

I just posted my collection of science fiction paperbacks on craigslist. Almost 100 of them.

Oh, the pangs of separation! 

Robert Heinlein figures prominently in the collection, with a strong presence from Frederick Pohl and Isaac Asimov.  A few of my favorites:

  • The Moon is a Harsh Mistress (Heinlein)
  • Friday (Heinlein)
  • Podkayne of Mars (Heinlein)
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams)
  • The Heechee series (Pohl)
  • Alas, Babylon! (Pat Frank)
  • The Daneel robot series (Asimov)

I may cry. But they've got to go.

I will only allow myself up to five books for my rootless library, and these, sadly, are not among them. 

What books would you hate to give up?

1 comment:

Geoff Reed said...

Yes Yes to Heinlein. Have just recently reread The Moon is a Harsh Mistress. Ditto for Alas Babylon. Have them now on Kindle.

Love the Kindle and also Audible!