Wednesday, February 8, 2017

El Paso: A Relocation Memory


Packed for relocation to El Paso, Texas. August 2016.


August 2016

I just re-discovered pictures I took of my car, packed with my worldly goods, prior to leaving for my year in El Paso.


Packed for relocation to El Paso, Texas. August 2016.


That green blanket? I bought that ages, ages ago at a farm auction in Missouri. Could have been among a stack of textiles sold in a lot for a couple of dollars. I like everything about it: the color, the texture, the size, the warmth, its provenance.


Packed for relocation to El Paso, Texas. August 2016.


The aluminum frame above and the blue-and-white mattress below? My nonagenerian aunt gave this to me several years ago, probably having no idea that it would serve as my main bed at times.


Packed for relocation to El Paso, Texas. August 2016.


A related post: 

Rootless Relocation: What I Left With






No comments: