Friday, December 23, 2016

El Paso: UTEP: Evening on the Campus



September 2016 


I sauntered over to the UTEP campus for a UTEP faculty recital; this one called Baroque Gems. The bassoon was featured. What an odd instrument. Call me lowbrow, but I am underwhelmed by its presumed charms. Not the artistry of the musician, mind you, the instrument.

Nevertheless, here's a video from one of the composers highlighted in the performance, J.D. Zelenka. I quite like the combined sound of the instruments:




(Mmmm. During times such as these, in the midst of a vicious presidential campaign, classical music soothes like a hot, sudsy bath.)

It was light on my way to the concert, and dark when I left.

Some campus scenes on my way home. There was a beautiful moon:

UTEP campus, El Paso, Texas. September 2016.



UTEP campus, El Paso, Texas. September 2016.
 

UTEP campus, El Paso, Texas. September 2016.


UTEP campus, El Paso, Texas. September 2016.


Enshrined toilet, Fox Fine Arts Recital Hall, UTEP, El Paso, Texas.


Wait, before you go, "hanh?" I took the photo of the enshrined toilet because it made me think of an art installation. Being on a university campus and in an arts building and all. See lowbrow reference at the top of this post.





No comments: