Friday, January 30, 2015

Lafayette: On the Way to the Festival International de Louisianne


Last April 2014, I walked to the Festival International de Louisianne from my apartment.

Now, I had looked forward to this festival all year long, back when I was still in New Mexico. Unfortunately, the festival wasn't a good time for me, as I was uncharacteristically unwell. At the time, I didn't know what the problem was, and the unknown negative is always a torment.

So my joie de vivre wasn't where it would have normally been on such a grand event. Especially with Tinariwen one of the performers! Aiee!

Even so, the walk to the festival was refreshing. One reason was this beautiful tree along the way, in full flowery magnificence. And her flying suitor.   

Lovely tree in Lafayette, Louisiana, with visiting butterfly. April 2014. 

Join me for a little Tinariwen now:




Eventually, the aches and pains sorted themselves out, and all became well again.


No comments: