Monday, March 3, 2014

Travel Tip: A Simple Cure for a Headache


Oh no. I had staked out my spot for the big parade in Church Point, Louisiana. The same parade where people had been laying their claim since before 9:00 a.m. for the parade that would start at 1:00 p.m.

And it started coming. A headache. First a soft thumping and then more insistent. I felt frustrated because my little pill box with over-the-counter drugs was at home.

And then I remembered. .... Didn't I have this same situation months ago in New Mexico? Righhht. In fact it was more than a year ago, when I went to the Cowboy Symposium in Ruidoso. The headache just wouldn't quit.

What did I do then? Oh yeah, I took off my hat because it was too tight.

Here I was today wearing the same hat as then. 

I took it off. Immediate relief. I swear to God.

2 comments:

Cat said...

LOL you might need to get a new hat. I have the same issue with pony tail holders some times. Take them out and instant relief.

Mzuri said...

Give up my Indiana Jones hat that I got at the Grand Canyon? Not this year, anyway. But I discovered if I just rest it lightly atop my head, it's OK. ... Funny about the ponytail holders. I had no idea.