Friday, February 14, 2014

Lafayette: 2nd Saturday Artwalk: February 2014: Swamp Pop 'n Fizz


Swamp pop, Lafayette, Louisiana


Like New Mexico, southern Louisiana has a real sense of place. Louisianans eat and drink their local products, which have location-centric names.

At February's 2nd Saturday Artwalk, my friends and I returned to the Astra Modern Market. The display of Swamp Pop packages looked like good art to me. 

Swamp pop, Lafayette, Louisiana


I love everything about the Swamp Pop beverage brand. It embraces it all: "swamp pop" music, sugarcane, satsuma oranges, Jean Lafitte, and the quintessentially Southern sweet, pralines. And look at that big ol' fancy L for Louisiana on the front of the packaging.


Swamp pop, Lafayette, Louisiana


'course, I've never tasted the product, so I have no idea if it's any good. But that's beside the point.


Swamp pop, Lafayette, Louisiana


And here's a taste of the other swamp pop:





 



No comments: