Saturday, October 12, 2013

Artesia, New Mexico: Sidewalk Rolling

Architecture, good, in Artesia, New Mexico. Hotel Artesia.


Blew through Artesia twice while in New Mexico.

In-town attention grabbers


Artesia, New Mexico


The first day I went through, I didn't have time to stop, but I was so taken with the public sculptures, and later learned that they tell a story of the area's history and they make for a nice walking tour.

The second time I went through, I did have time, and I parked downtown with the intent to explore. Holy gee, it was hot on this Saturday afternoon! And damned if most of the stores weren't closed! Talk about rolling up the sidewalks.

Artesia, New Mexico


The heat and lack of open businesses pushed me back into my car and on my way west toward home.

Alas, even City of Dust has nothing on Artesia. 

No comments: