Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Bernalillo, New Mexico: The Naked and the Sacred





The sacred Virgin, Our Lady of Guadalupe, on the truck bed's lid.




... and a pretty Native woman on the side, naked.

I suppose she could also be a virgin. I don't want to jump to conclusions.

I talked to the handsome owner of this truck. There is a painting of another voluptuous woman on another part of the truck, who was originally also without clothes, but the priest prevailed upon the owner to put some clothes on her, apparently not having seen the girl on the side.

What's under the lid, you ask? Black velvet lounges with a low table in the center, stocked with wine glasses. I believe the owner referred to it as the love nest.

I could tell the man loved this truck. It shone. 

I'm wondering if the truck does any of these tricks:





It's so exuberant. 





No comments: