When I've got my shit together, here's what I do the night before an overnight road trip:
- Gas up the car
- Charge the camera batteries. (Note batteries, not battery. See here.)
- Charge the phone.
- Charge the mp3 player.
- Print off or write down directions. **
- Print off or write down lodging information: phone number, reservation number if any. **
- Re-check the weather to make sure I pack the appropriate clothing.
- Set the alarm. Set two if it's important to get up super early.
- I decide if I'm going to have a meal on the road, figure out what I'll have, and put it in/take it out of the freezer or prepare it .. .and pull out the desired cooler or other carrying case.
- Get my toiletry bag out so I can load it up the next morning.
|Road to Tucumcari from Las Vegas, New Mexico|
**I don't have any GPS tools and I don't have a smart phone.