In Part1a, Part1b, and Part 1c, I figured out where I'm going to live next.
Alamogordo, New Mexico.
I don't have a job there yet. And I don't have a place to live yet, though my current plan is to rent an apartment.
But I've got a pretty good idea what I'm going to take with me. I've got a pretty good idea because I don't have much to take. It will all fit into my 1995 Toyota.
I'm so glad I kept my camping gear because I'm going to need it.
These are my worldly goods with which I'll set up housekeeping:
- My car
- Two camp chairs with cup holders (yay! I already have furniture!)
- Two sleeping bags
- Some pots/pans from my camp box
- Flatware from camp box
- A few plates and cups from camp box
- Two plastic storage things with drawers
- Shelf stereo
- Clothesline and clothespins
- Aluminum foil
- Two plastic storage bins
- Two bath towels
- A few dishtowels and dish cloths
- Rubbermaid rectangular folding table, approx. 2'x4' (more furniture!)
- Laptop and other electronics
- Some framed pictures, if there's space in the car
I used to have a stove top espresso maker, but I don't know what happened to it. I'll scrounge for one of those before I go.
Well. I guess that's it.
Anything else I'll need I'll have to pick up in Alamogordo. But whatever the item might be, it'll have to fit my design aesthetic: Rootless Minimalist.