Tuesday, November 27, 2012

One and Two Years Ago Today

On this day in 2011, I was in Caucasus Georgia looking ahead to .... today. Kind of weird, huh?

On November 27, 2011, I was in the application process for Teach for America, and lining up possible Plans B and C if that didn't transpire. Well, I didn't make it into Teach for America, and here I am living, which plan? I don't even remember. But it's a good one. So, hello to my past self: It all worked out fine!

On November 27, 2010, I was in Playa del Carmen, plugging through that CELTA course, but feeling good that I didn't have to worry about holiday decorating. This is funny to read today, too, because my interior "decor" consists of:
  • Two folding camp chairs
  • Folding table that I use for an office desk
  • Two used, old-timey hospital beds on wheels that I got for $45 each, bought to serve double-duty as chaise lounges and guest beds
  • Airbed
  • Second-hand kitchen table with second-hand molded-plastic "kitchen" chairs
  • Storage bins that I use for tables or an ottoman
  • Two plastic drawer-files
  • One new desk lamp
  • New Mexico maps tacked to my walls
I already feel kind of nostalgic for these hospital beds. I look forward to looking back in the future to find out what I (will do) did with them.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is really cool how you have this flash back post to exactly what you were doing then.

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Mzuri said...

I have to admit it *is* cool. And if it was a travel day, it's a sure-fire way to bring back all the sights, sounds, smells, tastes, feelings of that day. I love that.

Mary said...

I love playing this game with myself! It's great for perspective. :)