Saturday, November 24, 2012

Glimpse of the Next Place I Live?



It's too soon to be thinking about this in earnest - that probably won't begin til at least February - but I've been getting flashes of thoughts and the faintest of calls from some places:

  • Stay in New Mexico a second year, but move to the western side of the state for a whole different vibe? 
  • Puerto Rico? Why is that whispering to me? I don't know.
  • Rwanda? This has been on the back burner for quite awhile.
  • Some place where I can continue to have access to my car while it's still in decent shape? Which limits me to North America. Well, no, of course, I could, in theory, drive it down to the tip of South America if I so chose, but, I'm too wussy to do that. But it doesn't rule out a turn in Alaska and making up for the drive to the Arctic Circle that my daughter and I decided not to do on our Alaskan road trip way back when. 
  • Other than NM (and maybe Alaska), there's not another U.S. location calling out to me today to invest a year of residence in. 


I'm curious if any of the above thoughts will still resonate in February.

1 comment:

Larissa T. said...

Oh .. how exciting! Would love to see where to next!

P.S. We're having a linkup and would love it if you joined!
http://papaisapreacher.blogspot.com/2012/11/tidbit-thursday_22.html