Thursday, January 5, 2012

Louisiana Road Trip 2011, Part 11: Going Home B

The last day. It's a cliche, but it's true: Time flies.

My vacation from Teach and Learn with Georgia has also flown by; I leave for Rustavi on the 12th.

On January 17, I'll learn if I will be a 2012 member of Teach for America.


Getting started

On Highway 1 in Mississippi, I listened to some rousing morning gospel music on the radio:




Missed turn

Whoops, missed my turn back onto Highway 1 from a Highway 49 leg. So I ended up taking the l-o-n-g way to Jonesboro, Arkansas.

On the bright side, if I'd turned when I supposed to, I would have missed seeing thousands of birds:




And this old-fashioned hellfire and brimstone tract carried by an Arkansas service station:

 


Or this really bizarre situation:


When I first drove by and saw this in my peripheral vision, I thought it was a hawk somehow snagged in a tree when it swooped for a kill. I turned around and came back for a closer look. Not much left except the beaks and wings of a duck.

So concludes my Louisiana Road Trip.  

No comments: