Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Georgia (Republic of) - Orientation: The Hotel

During orientation, our newbie group of 13 is staying at the Bazaleti Palace Hotel in Tbilisi.

Bazaleti Palace Hotel, Tbilisi

View from hotel's front entrance.

The hotel exterior is Butler Building-ish, but the interior is nicely appointed with pretty rugs, immense lamps, and grand hallways.

There are spacious sleeping rooms with twin beds (we share rooms), a desk, a mini fridge, nice bathroom, closet, and vestibule. The air conditioning is adequate, augmented by helpful fans that make the room quite comfortable. Meeting rooms large and light. All meals provided to us via the hotel.






With the exception of a Sunday walking tour in the old part of Tbilis, I've pretty much been contained within the confines of the hotel. The orientation days are long, starting at 9:00 a.m. and letting out at about 7:00 p.m. or so.

I can venture out if I choose; so far, though, I enjoy the brief quiet time after the end of the day to simply relax in my room. I know that I'll have plenty of time after orientation to explore the city and country.

It is hot and humid outside.

Behind the hotel is a small pasture occupied by two cows.

In front of the hotel is a bus station, which is convenient. Adjacent is a restaurant that we'll check out on Thursday night, the last night of our orientation.

No comments: